COVID-19 Vaccine + Boosters for Children
Children 6 months and older are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine.
General COVID-19 Information
American Indians and Alaska Natives should protect themselves against the virus.
When we get vaccinated, we protect our community.
Increasing vaccinations increases the chances that tribal cultures continue to thrive.
According to Indian Health Service, “the COVID-19 pandemic has disproportionately affected American Indian and Alaska Native populations across the country.” COVID-19 vaccines are safe, effective and available for those ages 6 months and older. The Association of American Indian Physicians provides programs that directly address widely acknowledged disparities in American Indian and Alaska Native health and works to collaborate and respect traditional healing practices.
As the pandemic has evolved, so have our strategies to protect our cultures.
COVID-19 vaccination message from AAIP physicians
American Indian and Alaska Native physicians across the nation support the COVID-19 vaccine and boosters and strongly encourage all eligible tribal members to get vaccinated. Vaccines give us hope to pass on our culture and traditions to future generations.
Why is getting vaccinated with an authorized COVID-19 vaccine important?
- It helps protect you, your family and your community from COVID-19.
- Fully vaccinated individuals generally can engage in activities they had to stop because of the pandemic.
Where can I learn more about urging and aiding my community to take the COVID-19 vaccine?
- To learn more about how you can make a difference in your community, please visit:
How has COVID-19 had an effect on my community?
- American Indians and Alaska Natives have been particularly affected by the pandemic.
- According to Indian Health Services, “American Indians and Alaska Natives have infection rates over 3.5 times higher are over four times more likely to be hospitalized as a result of COVID-19 than non-Hispanic whites.”
- To learn more about how it has made an impact, please visit:
The Association of American Indian Physicians
Download the Brochure
AAIP supports COVID-19 vaccinations for American Indian and Alaska Natives.
For decades, members of American Indian and Alaska Native communities were categorized as “other”; however, when we come together for our health and community, we acknowledge the vibrant diversity and resilience of our people.